Memorable Zaps Guild

Memorable Zaps Guild

Memorable Zaps is a guild on Neopets that is 18+, Semi-Lit, Adoption/Zapping.

Ugh, worst couple weeks. I need to rant!

euri

Ugh, worst couple weeks. I need to rant!

Post  euri on Sat May 26, 2012 1:40 am

I have a few things to rant about and no one to rant to, hopefully typing it out and getting it off my chest will help a bit. Sorry if a few curse words get out in this but I am not impressed at all right now Mad

1. So first off, I still don't have my laptop. It is back in the city now but I don't have a way to get it since I don't drive, most of my friends have gone home for the summer so no one can take me, the busses are awfully confusing and I don't feel like getting lost downtown, and I don't have enough money to take a taxi there and back. My one friend is coming down Sunday and she said she will pick it up for me if she has enough time, but she probably won't. It is probably stuck there until next wednesday (not the one coming up) when my boyfriend gets home from his work shift. He works oil & gas and is gone for two weeks at a time. They called me the day after he left saying it was fixed.

2. Last weekend I went to my cousins graduation and stayed with them for the weekend. The day after I show up, my step-cousin I guess you would call it, I really don't know, bursts out with the first wave of her chicken pox. She had been sick but until the rash actually showed, they didn't know it was chicken pox. I have had them before but on my dads side of the family you are either a carrier of chicken pox so you can't get them, or you get them twice. I have had them before so I am not a carrier, and I am just hoping I don't get them again but of course after being home for a few days I am sick. Like really awfully sick and my asthma is starting to kick my butt. So within a week I should know if it is chicken pox or not if I end up with the rash.

3. I have been working my ass off trying to find an apartment to live in as my lease is up at the end of June. I went to look at one today and I really liked it, it was in our price range, had enough space... they call me back not even two ours later saying someone put their deposit down that day and that the suite is no longer available. I had to walk there as my bus pass has expired and I figured if I could save $5 I would, so I walked the hour there and the hour home for absolutely nothing today and I still don't have anywhere to live after my lease is up.

4. Not only have I been trying to find a house, but I am in desperate need of work. I have been job hunting like crazy for the last 2 months and so far I haven't received any call backs. Today I finally had someone call back and I was really excited cause it seemed like it was pretty much a sure thing. I decided to do a little research on the company so I had a better idea of what I was getting into and from what I was getting from my search was that it seemed like a scam to get high school & post-secondary students money, yet the BBB gave it an A+ rating. The company is "Vector Marketing Ltd" or goes by "CutCo". They sell higher-end kitchen stuff so I thought that I would be one of those annoying telemarketer people calling during dinner trying to sell something. As I dug a little deeper I found out it was more like a door-to-door thing that you have to invest your own money into. That may work for some people but first off, I don't have the money to give out right now, that is why I am looking for work. Secondly, unless you are a super-seller, selling $150 knives door-to-door might be a little difficult. So I have to call and cancel my interview in the morning because I just know it wouldn't work for me and I just don't feel like wasting my time. I am a little disgusted at the way they run the business, they don't really tell you what it is on the phone and just kind of keep the focus on you, I guess that's the way interviews work but normally a bit of job description would make some sense!

I think I am done now lol and getting it out actually helped a lot more than I thought. I will try to deal with the desktop long enough to come chat for a bit tomorrow, I just can't stand this computer anymore now that I have gotten used to my laptop. I hope everyone else is doing a million times better than I am and I hope to chat with you all soon!
    Kathleen
    Admin

Re: Ugh, worst couple weeks. I need to rant!

Post  Kathleen on Sat May 26, 2012 7:48 am

That is awful about your laptop, I am surprised they didn't give you the option to have the fixed one mailed to you. I was given that option when I had mine repaired but I refused it since I wanted to be able to look at it since mine was physical damage and wanted to make sure it was actually fixed.

Oh hun, I hope you don't get the chicken pox again! It is said to be just plain more miserable (and dangerous) the second time around. Just take care of yourself, call your doctor and see if there is anything they can suggest you starting now.

That place must just not of been the place for you, you weren't supposed to have it and there is something better out there for you guys. I would look online and even call some realty places, they sometimes will list places like that too. Look in newspapers too!

I had a job offer like that before. Sounded great on the phone, drove 30 minutes for the interview with a friend who had also gotten a callback.. to find out it was a Group Interview. Close to 30 people sat there and they talked to us and gave us a typical spiel and then talked to us individually.. by the time that came up my friend and I were looking at each other and were just waiting for our chance to get out of there! When they went into the room to call the first name we (and some others) got up. It is one of those either door-to-door or you throw parties like with tupperware. I have a cousin who does Pure Romance (adult things) and Tastefully Simple or something like that that is food/spices and she does pretty well but she does like 5 parties a week, and she could sell ice to an eskimo!
    euri

Post  euri on Sat May 26, 2012 7:16 pm

Thanks Kathy Smile

I wish they would have given me that option, even if I had to pay for it. The repairs were free since it was under warranty, thank goodness, and it wasn't something that I did that made it crash.

If I get it again there is a fairly good chance I would be in the hospital. My asthma is already acting up and chicken pox makes asthma even more serious than it already is. And since the lung infection I had several weeks ago isn't completely gone yet, I could have chicken pox and pneumonia all at once.

I have been looking, most of the places within our price range, and that allow pets, were gone mid-May. This is pretty much a university/college city so other students have already snatched up all the good ones. With still not having a job I am unable to contribute a whole lot to rent, groceries, utilities, etc. because I only get a limited about of money each semester for my loans Sad

My mom has friends that sell things that sound similar to the Tastefully Simple and they all love it, but I don't have the money to put into something like that. And my older sister sold the adult things and held "Passion & Panty Parties" all the time. That is definitely not something I would feel comfortable doing lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:11 am