Memorable Zaps Guild

Memorable Zaps Guild

Memorable Zaps is a guild on Neopets that is 18+, Semi-Lit, Adoption/Zapping.

I must vent.

Lenny59

I must vent.

Post  Lenny59 on Tue May 08, 2012 12:17 am

My next door neighbor is some sort of drug dealer. This is a beautiful neighborhood, very old, and his mother owned the house. Bea was a fantastic woman, she grew veggies, I grew flowers, we traded every year.

She passed away about 3 years ago now, and she had a reverse mortgage, so the bank owns the house, technically. I am in contact with his sister, Bea's older daughter, and apparently the bank does not want to put it up for sale at this time, due to the housing market.

Copie (the son) is now renting out rooms to various and sundry scary looking folks, you know the kind I mean, twitchy and scratchy?? The police have been there numerous times, once removing a VERY young looking woman for heroin manufacture!!

He's a Vietnam vet, and on full disability, although I see nothing wrong with him other than stupidity. He gets around $2K per month, US, which would be really nice, and I've seen him selling his medications. (Oxycontin)

The only thing I could figure to do was write a letter to the bank, which I did! And by golly they have cleaned up some of the yard debris, there's like 6-8 people living over there, it changes from day to day....

The most recent, VERY funny development, is Copie is about 60, a few months ago he married a 22 year old, to "give her my retirement pension when I die". She is a sullen, spiteful, spoiled little girl. About a month ago, she left him! Three days ago, she moved back in, WITH her new boyfriend.

OK enough ranting, I feel better~Smile

Admin

Re: I must vent.

Post  Kathleen on Tue May 08, 2012 8:47 am

There has to be something you can do. If nothing else you should be able to make a cival complaint at the police station, or if you are out and about and see one of your local cops (county/city) and they aren't like sitting in their car doing seatbelt checks or speed traps just ask them what you can do. They might even be willing to stop by over there. I would write letters each week to the bank, if it is a local bank I would go there. I would be a nuisance to the point they finally did something. They might want to get rid of him soon because if he is living there and:
    Like a Star @ heaven Is paying utilities
    Like a Star @ heaven Is paying any taxes
    Like a Star @ heaven can show proof of all that

He can technically claim the house as his under Squatter rights if your state has that law.

In Michigan where I used to live across the street was a house that had cars there all time of the day, only for a few minutes or an hour. The street was so narrow that if someone parked on the side of the road you and two cars were coming from opposite sides someone had to stop and wait for the other. We had several areas that were No Parking (Yellow Curbs) and I finally had enough of it so if they parked in the yellow area I called the tow company down the street, then I seen this same guy show up every week.. he would take a McDonalds bag in, then come out and put the bag in the trunk. I was out and seen one of our city cops and told him about it and he said if I could get the license plate number I could make a suspicious vehicle claim so I did. The guy had like 3 warrants. The person renting the house finally figured out it was me and he yelled at me and said all sorts of things. Then a few weeks later he was drunk and threw a beer bottle at my car as I was pulling into my driveway. I called the cops and she could hear him yelling and being an idiot at dispatch. After he was taken off that night I called the landlord and told him and he got kicked out Razz It was nice seeing the following week all of his stuff tossed out.
    Lenny59

Post  Lenny59 on Tue May 08, 2012 2:14 pm

O the cops are fully aware of what goes on there - they are over there about once a week. I did go to the bank in person, and they refused to talk to me. I am in contact with our Community Service Officer, and we are starting up a Neighborhood Watch association. The first place I left info about the association was next door, but they did not choose to attend the meeting - big surprise there. But they know we are ALL watching them now.

Post  Lenny59 on Thu May 10, 2012 6:30 pm

Progress!! The bank came to me!! A nice gal showed up on my porch a couple hours ago, and we had a chat. She said that they won't be there very much longer. While we were talking, the two men with her went next door and inspected the place, and tried to get someone to answer the door. No one would, but I know they are in there, there's 4 cars out back, and I've seen them outside today, both before and after the visit. They left finally, the bank folks, but things are looking up!!

And much as I hate to say it, I have loaded and placed my personal pistol in a handy place, in case they are so foolish. So has Sam. I'm here alone a fair amount of time, and it's good to know they are at the front and back of the house.

Admin

Post  Kathleen on Thu May 10, 2012 7:54 pm

GO LENNY!!!

We also have personal handguns, and other firearms but they are locked inside a gun cabinet in the garage..inside a locked closet, inside Adam's mancave with a locked door, and the doors that don't connect to the house are locked.

Adam's favorite small handgun is in a locked box in the top of our closet. with the lockbox and other safety means I don't worry about having it in the house with the kids. Especially with so many scary stories in the news.

Like I watched a few months ago about this mom shooting two attackers from her nursery as she stood in front of the crib to protect the baby after these guys broke in to steal the meds they knew she had.
    Lenny59

Post  Lenny59 on Thu May 10, 2012 8:45 pm

thanks Kathy. My gun is an older Ladysmith Hammerless S&W .38, very nice little gun. Sam has several, and rifles also. Normally they are all put away, but right now, I just feel like having one next to the front and back doors, in case they get really stupid when they get thrown out.

I feel so bad for that mom, but good on her - you do what you have to do!!

Sounds like good tight security you have on yours, Kathy - very safe for the kids. And Mason is almost old enough to START learning about guns / gun safety! I just hate this day and age we are in, if I had little ones, I wouldn't let them out of my sight....EVER...and that's not healthy for the child!!

I'd just lock them in a closet with Sam until they were 30, then maybe.....((kidding))

Admin

Post  orilla on Fri May 11, 2012 1:20 am

I had to turn in all my weapons but luckily my cousin who is a cop took them all. She has a license to own firearms. The Psychiatrist doesn't allow there to be weapons here anyway. Especially when I tell him I don't want to hurt myself just other people. I think its funny but since I was locked up for a month a few years ago they get weird about firearms. I do However have an aluminum heavy bat by my door. My neighbors are mostly OK but the cops do a round up of all the drug dealers at least once a year. It seems everyone is on something. And I have family members that I know are pots heads and worse. I am on enough stuff I don't want to be on anyway. The teenagers are the real problem in this town. I was at the library earlier and a bunch of 14 and 15 year olds had a teen in a garbage can in the pouring rain and wouldn't let her out. The police pull up and everyone scattered in a dozen different directions. The girl was taken probably to make a report. But its these what they call swarms that are bad here. People have been killed left and right. You just don't go out after dark alone. Something really needs to be done. Exclamation

Post  Guest on Fri May 11, 2012 4:48 am

...I have several swords in the spare room and a baseball bat somewhere.
    No guns. Its not allowed in England. Personaly I dont think I would want one. I'd end up shooting myself by accident! haha
    Kathleen
    Admin

Post  Kathleen on Fri May 11, 2012 12:03 pm

Oh trust me! Adam has considered locking the girls in an all steel room Laughing

Mason will be start gun safety when he joins the boy scouts Smile

Aurelia that's horrible that they are so bad! I wouldn't go out after dark without carrying!!!

Kayse, I've been around guns since I was little. I went through safety classes as a girl, and when I turned 18 my grandpa bought me my first gun.

Post  Guest on Fri May 11, 2012 1:04 pm

Wow.

Ive held a gun before, one a friend uses for shooting. He does it on farms as a second job. Cash in hand. dont tell the tax man kinda deal they have going.

No idea what it was though. some form of shotgun i think. It was HUGE. Theyre so heavy.

I suppose when you have been brought up around them its the normal. You would have alot of trouble finding them in the UK, I mean people will have them but in a normal household it would be very rare.
    Lenny59

Post  Lenny59 on Fri May 11, 2012 3:29 pm

O Aurelia, that's such a surprise to me. I always thought of Canada as such a peaceful place!! I'm shocked to hear of mobs of teens allowed to run wild like that! I guess America is not the only place where bad parenting exists, somehow I always think of Canada as more evolved than the US.

I too, have always been around guns, mostly handguns, and I target shoot frequently, and am fairly good. I have never in my life shot at anything alive, I do not hunt. I'm not opposed to it, I just don't need to work that hard to get food.

I have a permit to carry concealed, which means the gun does not have to be visible, but I very rarely do, usually only when traveling to the 'big city'. I have only had to pull it out once - an idiot with a knife told me to get in my purse and give him my wallet. I got in my purse alright, but what came out was not a wallet. He was rather surprised to say the least. That was a few years ago in Portland, Oregon. I kept him there, by then there was a small crowd of people, and called the cops. He told them I tried to rob HIM, but one of the people had seen the whole thing. They found drugs on him.

Post  Guest on Fri May 11, 2012 4:37 pm

Wow its so different here in the Uk. If you had pulled a gun on someone trying to rob you it would be you who would be arrested for having a gun in the first place. The robber would probably get away scott free. Its crazy.
    Kathleen
    Admin

Post  Kathleen on Sat May 12, 2012 9:51 am

I have 2 uncles, my dad, and 1 uncle by marriage on my dads side along with my grandpa that hunt.

I being the tomboy wanted to go up north to the cabin when they went hunting, so grandma would go too. I would watch them around their guns and though I do not hunt I didn't mind that they did. Adam does it, I presume Mason will as well.

I too have a CCW and I carry it less now than when I lived in Michigan but I do carry it sometimes especially if i am going to be by myself at night. You can bet if I get stuck going to Maine it will be going with me!!Razz

If someone breaks in and is threatening you, if you feel your life is in danger and you shoot them and they die it is Justifiable homicide. It was a kill or be killed situation. Same if you have a handgun and someone is robbing you, threatening you outside your home. AS LONG AS YOU HAVE the ccw you can carry it concealed.

Well what's crazy here is if say I am not home, someone breaks in and when they are done pillaging my home they go out to the garage and this tree in the yard has really long roots that have caused part of the cement to push up and he trips.. he can sue me

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:23 am