Memorable Zaps Guild

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Memorable Zaps Guild

Memorable Zaps Guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Memorable Zaps Guild

Memorable Zaps is a guild on Neopets that is 18+, Semi-Lit, Adoption/Zapping.

3 posters

Alysha is still here? What?

Dove

Alysha is still here?  What? Empty Alysha is still here? What?

Post  Dove Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:45 pm

Hey, lots of ridiculously stressful things going on right now.
    (Copied and pasted from somewhere else)

" My dad needs to decide if he wants a little camera in his lung, to take a sample
    of his lung to see what’s up in there. It runs a high risk of collapsing said lung.

My grandma was just diagnosed with bone cancer and lung cancer.

My mom was a bad ass when she was a kid, went pool jumping every other night, but wont even let me stay outside alone to play cello.

Mom might shave her head when my grandma starts radiation"

Also, my little cousins dad is a complete loser, I will expand more later. Dior also has rotting feet, and he feet have been done for months so it is pretty much as if you were wearing high heels and cut off the heel and tried walking... Ridiculous farrier. That's changing.
    Kathleen
    Kathleen
    Admin

Alysha is still here?  What? Empty Re: Alysha is still here? What?

Post  Kathleen Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:14 am

I am so sorry it is so stressful Alysha!

About your dad, yes a collapsed lung is scary but it can be healed, they hook up a tube to a machine to keep it inflated, my mom had this happen because of something else. Just if they offer him a choice in tubes go for the bigger one.

I am sorry about your grandma, it's always hard when we hear those things and good on your mom for wanting to support her by shaving her head. If you have really long hair and want to do something similar you can always donate your hair for wigs.

...I don't think I would let Marilyn and Gwendolyn stay outside alone to play cello after a certain time. Parents always say things like "When I was growing up..." Well the truth is when they were growing up tihngs weren't as dangerous as they are now. Try to see it from her point of view..you are her baby and she just wants to protect you. Maybe try a compromise. You outside alone near the house with lights on and a window open, or suggest she come sit with you every so often or offer to come check in every so often.
    Lenny59
    Lenny59

Post  Lenny59 Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:47 pm

Blessings to you Alysha.

Indeed, when your parents were young, it was a different world, and much safer. I am actually thankful I made the decision not to have children. I always thought I'd adopt at least one (I am an only child), but I never got to a place in my life where I felt a desire to do that. It's a really scary place, anymore, and if I had a child, my inclination would be the same - I want my eyes on you ALL the time! I would, however, let you sit out on the roof and play your Cello - my house growing up had a porch roof right outside my bedroom windows.

What's pool jumping? I used to jump off bridges into the river... Smile Much fun!

I lost my first husband to a brain tumor, almost 30 years ago, and my dad to the prostate about 10 years ago. Mother is hale and hearty though, at 83, bless her heart!

I applaud your mom's decision on her hair, but tell her to wait until Grandma's goes - not everyone loses their hair! TRUE - my first hubby had just a fringe to begin with, at 30 (I was 22), and he kept his fringe...even after radiation. LOL
    Dove

Post  Dove Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:24 am

she wouldn't even let me sit on the porch which connected to a ~6ft wide window in the living room at our old house, which was over 3 1/2 acres away from any other house. Broad daylight mind you, but oh well.

They decided over night that my grandma is too weak for radiation
    just waiting it out now to see if we get lucky and things look up

thank you both
    Dove

Post  Dove Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:27 pm

grandmother passed away yesterday while I was at work
    Lenny59
    Lenny59

Post  Lenny59 Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:22 am

I am so sorry, Alysha. My grandmother helped raise me until I was 6 yrs. old, and then Mama and I took care of her later on when she needed help. She got the Alzheimer's, and was quite entertaining at times, in addition to being very frustrating, and passed many years ago. She was very dear and beloved to me. So many wonderful memories, which will never be lost to you.

Know that we are thinking of you, and are here for you.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content