Memorable Zaps Guild

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Memorable Zaps Guild

Memorable Zaps Guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Memorable Zaps Guild

Memorable Zaps is a guild on Neopets that is 18+, Semi-Lit, Adoption/Zapping.

4 posters

Customization Gallery Idea

SyntheticPaper
    SyntheticPaper

Customization Gallery Idea Empty Customization Gallery Idea

Post  SyntheticPaper Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:18 pm

Hello guild, I have a suggestion.

I think it is pretty apparent that we are a small guild. But that’s not really a bad thing, as I think we have a very loyal core at the center of the guild. So I start thinking about the customization contests and such and how there aren’t a whole lot of entries sometimes and not a whole lot of voters. So, what could a small, but loyal guild do with something in the way of customizing? Well, how about a customization gallery? It could go like this:

Every month would have a theme: “Flowers”, “Petpetpet Pants”, “Purple items” “Halloween”, “Christmas” … etc. Everyone has an entire month to do the customizing and submit them and all that, so everyone has a long time to get it done and it will be a regular occurrence, so people won’t be caught off guard by the deadline. However, you customize for the following month. So if October is going to be “Halloween” then you have all of Sept. to do the customizing and submitting and they will be put up Oct. 1st.

Everyone who enters will receive guild points, but there could be a voting aspect as well, so the winner may receive more points. However, as the focus is more on the gallery (which will stay up as a showcase of our customizing excellence) if people don’t vote, or if there are only a couple of pets entered, it’s not that big of a deal.

I don’t know, I just think this could be a fun thing and could be a fun thing to look back on in the future. New members to the guild could look back on the customizations and even non-guild members if they stumble upon the page.

Bryne says she will be more than happy to host the gallery on Rayhah’s petpage (as she will never be transferred thanks to her Lutari-ness), however she would need a bit of help with the coding to start out with.
    Lenny59
    Lenny59

Customization Gallery Idea Empty Re: Customization Gallery Idea

Post  Lenny59 Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:46 am

I'm Lenny, and I approve this idea!! I think that would be a great way to do it, as I LOVE dressing my pets up. Don't care about winning, just care about the awesomeness!!
    BryneVampyr
    BryneVampyr

Post  BryneVampyr Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:09 pm

OK...so here is the plan:

We are going to start this up for January...the first theme will be twins...each person enters two pets who are in some way twins...they can be the same species but different colors...the same color but different species...or totally different but dressed the same...they just can't be both the same species and the same color...and they should be customized the same or very close to the same.

This is for exhibition only...so no voting...just display...and the pet name and user name will accompany the picture. I will announce it on the guild board on the 15th. The deadline for entry will be the 10th of January...the page will be up before the 15th of January.

How does this sound?

orilla
    orilla
    Admin

Post  orilla Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:29 pm

OK I don't understand it completely but I guess I will when I see it done. You are basically having a non voting spotlight right?
    BryneVampyr
    BryneVampyr

Post  BryneVampyr Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:48 pm

More of a gallery...the pictures stay up...we will just add to it each month...and some months it can be combined with the regular customization spotlight...just at the end, all entries will be immortalized in the gallery.
    orilla
    orilla
    Admin

Post  orilla Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:56 pm

Sounds like a lot of coding!! But I like the sound of it!! cyclops

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:38 am