Memorable Zaps Guild

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Memorable Zaps Guild

Memorable Zaps Guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Memorable Zaps Guild

Memorable Zaps is a guild on Neopets that is 18+, Semi-Lit, Adoption/Zapping.

2 posters

Lenny-Lynnel-Zapology1-pixel1959-pixelated59-wockytribe-kougranation

Lenny59
    Lenny59

Lenny-Lynnel-Zapology1-pixel1959-pixelated59-wockytribe-kougranation Empty Lenny-Lynnel-Zapology1-pixel1959-pixelated59-wockytribe-kougranation

Post  Lenny59 Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:13 pm

OK, here's me: born in Pasadena, California, 14 Nov., 1959. When I was about 5-6, the Watts riots happened in Los Angeles, and my parents decided we should leave the big city. Years later I learned it was either New Zealand, or Oregon - they picked Oregon, why, I'll never know. Had I had a vote, I could be typing in a lovely accent.Smile

In 1966 we moved to Ruch, Oregon, a VERY small farming community. Being an only child, and having no nearby neighbors, I felt rather isolated at first, but soon figured out how to entertain myself. And I got a horse when I turned 10!! A retired quarter horse, with the very unfortunate name of Peewee. I loved him very much, and rode almost every day.

Fast forward thru high-school, I was bored to tears, and hated it.

I have worked in MANY different jobs, the longest being for the State of Oregon, 12 years at the Welfare Office - finally couldn't take it any more and quit on my 12th anniversary. I've sold tires, tended bar, managed a bar, been a cashier, info desk at the public library, ran the law library for a year, been a food waitress, bookkeeper and a courier. I have certificates in Computer Accounting, and General Accounting. My favorite job of all time is my current one, though, I run an internet store which sells garden and patio items.

When I was 21, I married my first husband, Michael. Shortly after, he was diagnosed with a brain tumor, and he passed away when I was 23. When I was 26, I met a wonderful man named Woody, and we got engaged. A few months before the wedding, he died in a motorcycle crash. I decided I just was not supposed to be married, and pretty much didn't even look anymore.

About 20 years later, in 2006, I was tending bar for the American Legion Post here in Medford, and this cute little round guy came in. It was Sam. I don't know how or why, but it was instant. He's 55, and never been married. Says he never found anyone he liked well enough. I am still blown away, and so VERY happy! We got married on Sept. 26, 2009. He's retired Navy, with no kids, and no tattoos, which is a mind-blower in itself, for a Navy man. Razz It was the shortest wedding in history, 10am, over at 10:05. A dear friend of Sam's is a minister, and he did the deed for us, and another friend of his let us use their lovely yard and gazebo. I made my own bouquet, of course. The whole thing cost us about $100.00, including the license!

We live in Medford, OR, in my grandma's beautiful old house she left to me, it's tiny, but we love it!

Here's a picture from our wedding day:

Lenny-Lynnel-Zapology1-pixel1959-pixelated59-wockytribe-kougranation 10am9-26-09

Last edited by Lenny59 on Tue May 08, 2012 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    SyntheticPaper
    SyntheticPaper

Lenny-Lynnel-Zapology1-pixel1959-pixelated59-wockytribe-kougranation Empty Re: Lenny-Lynnel-Zapology1-pixel1959-pixelated59-wockytribe-kougranation

Post  SyntheticPaper Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:27 pm

I was almost born in Australia. When my parents got married they fully planned to move there, dad had a job lined up and everything. At the last minute mom decided she would miss her family too much so they didn't do it. I found this out when I was a teenager, I was annoyed, I think growing up in Australia would have been fun, even though it does have horrifyingly scary animals. Razz

I worked in a small town public library for 5 years, I loved it. Smile

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:35 am