Memorable Zaps Guild

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Memorable Zaps Guild

Memorable Zaps Guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Memorable Zaps Guild

Memorable Zaps is a guild on Neopets that is 18+, Semi-Lit, Adoption/Zapping.

3 posters

Memorable Tunes...

Lenny59
    Lenny59

Memorable Tunes... Empty Memorable Tunes...

Post  Lenny59 Sat May 05, 2012 3:26 am

Here we shall post awesome bands that we would like to share...

May I introduce Rodrigo Y Gabriela, the very finest Flamenco guitarists!!

Thank you!!!! Just learned of them....
    Lenny59
    Lenny59

Memorable Tunes... Empty Re: Memorable Tunes...

Post  Lenny59 Sat May 05, 2012 3:42 am

Uno mas - could not help meself - plus, I loved the "Flamingo" comment...

Post  Guest Sat May 05, 2012 2:47 pm

I'm glad you liked them!
    (: I'm sure I can put a few things up on here.
    Though some I can promise will not be liked! Haha! Smile
    Lenny59
    Lenny59

Post  Lenny59 Tue May 08, 2012 1:33 am

Ok here's Quando - it's my hubby's and my "SONG", well, the one we request. Our actual SONG is The Rodeo Song, quite rude.

Quando is an old tune, but I love this version by Michael Buble and Nellie Furtado...and I REALLY like the ad beforehand!! LOL

Lenny59
    Lenny59

Post  Lenny59 Tue May 08, 2012 1:45 am

here's the Rodeo Song - It was playing on the jukebox when he asked me to marry him...LOL

Lenny59
    Lenny59

Post  Lenny59 Tue May 08, 2012 2:09 am

More Michael Buble' - I really love him...

https://youtu.be/CLH2ux9LhFg

this one is much fun: https://youtu.be/Edwsf-8F3sI

and The Very Best One!!! https://youtu.be/LAjfB0XfjkA

Lenny59
    Lenny59

Post  Lenny59 Fri May 18, 2012 2:44 pm

RIP Donna Summer.

LONG LIVE ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!

Post  Guest Fri May 25, 2012 2:59 pm

Coheed and Cambria.
    Mine and Jolz' all time favourite band!
    Met them when I went to see them play!

Go radio.

And a bit of falling in reverse.
    Video is only on so you can all see my future husband (i wish!!) Ronnie Radke, the singer....
    Hes so damn yummy.

Lenny59
    Lenny59

Memorable Tunes... Empty De-stressing.... :)

Post  Lenny59 Sat May 26, 2012 7:51 pm

Lenny59
    Lenny59

Post  Lenny59 Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:30 pm

Lenny59
    Lenny59

Memorable Tunes... Empty Black Happy!!

Post  Lenny59 Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:46 pm

https://youtu.be/mPOEe7fRwWo

Thanks, Bryne - awesome band!! How did I miss them??

And here's Chilliwack! https://youtu.be/bIGFb9iJBsk
    SyntheticPaper
    SyntheticPaper

Post  SyntheticPaper Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:35 am

Blackhappy were a great band. They almost made it big, but just not quite. They certainly did get huge in the pacific northwest in the early-ish '90's though. When their second album, "Peghead" came out there was a top 10 call in request show in Richland, Washington that I listened to every night and like four songs from that album topped the show for several weeks at a time. This was not just for local bands either, they were on there with all the big huge bands of the day.

Then they split up and the non-horn playing members formed a band called Shoveljerk (taken from the title of a really cool Blackhappy song) which was okay, but nothing really special and not as fun as Blackhappy. Shoveljerk had one song which got played on MTV a few times, but didn't amount to much. The song was called "Killing My Buzz". It was neopets related. Shocked
    SyntheticPaper
    SyntheticPaper

Post  SyntheticPaper Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:59 am

and since i am remembering local bands from my teenager-years, here is another one.

this is Small. they were from the Tri Cities in Washington and while they weren't quite as big as Blackhappy they still toured a lot, had a couple songs played on local radio and ended up doing a PSA that got played on MTV. eventually they changed their name to Ladybird Unition.

Lenny59
    Lenny59

Post  Lenny59 Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:08 am

Awesome - I am just listening to black happy again - really amazing guitar playing... and the horns are just....ok off to check out small - I think I remember them.....O I will listen to that when playing MSN - it's frantic!!!
    Lenny59
    Lenny59

Post  Lenny59 Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:18 am

My current listen... https://youtu.be/wvUQcnfwUUM Mungo Jerry!!
    https://youtu.be/f5IRI4oHKNU The Zombies!
    https://youtu.be/GpGEeneO-t0 O Tommy!!!
    https://youtu.be/pkMgs3lFwkQ
    https://youtu.be/F6TFW1F6oY0 Norman Greenbaum - a one-hit wonder - awesome tune, and no, I'm not religious, at least not in an organized religion way...
    Lenny59
    Lenny59

Post  Lenny59 Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:37 pm

SyntheticPaper
    SyntheticPaper

Post  SyntheticPaper Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Lenny59 wrote:Neil Young has a new album out with Crazy Horse!!

http://www.npr.org/2012/06/06/154420889/neil-young-the-fresh-air-interview

I'm gonna have to check that out. "Ragged Glory" was one of my more favorite albums back when I was a teenager.
    Lenny59
    Lenny59

Post  Lenny59 Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:18 pm

It is truly awesome - gonna have to own it - electric folk-rock.....and he looks and sounds really good!! I'm so pleased he has survived the test of time...Smile
    Lenny59
    Lenny59

Post  Lenny59 Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:51 pm

Kathy gave me this, and I am still crying...THE most amazing thing, and I usually hate those kind of shows...

JUST WATCH - DON"T read the article, it's a spoiler...incredible.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertainment/television/NATL-Goth-Opera-Singer-Blows-Away-Skeptics-on-Americas-Got-Talent-157513545.html
    Kathleen
    Kathleen
    Admin

Post  Kathleen Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:31 am

My MIL called me and told me to just watch the end of that episode and I was blown away, it just goes to show you you know.
    SyntheticPaper
    SyntheticPaper

Post  SyntheticPaper Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:14 am

R.E.M. - Carnival of Sorts (Box Cars)

Okay, it's live, but it sounds pretty good and it's actually kinda funny. This song is from R.E.M.s very first EP, five years before they got big with "Stand", so they were definitely still a pretty underground band. And what this? This is perhaps their very first national TV appearance … and it was on a kids show on Nickelodeon. A show hosted by Fred Newman who would eventually go on to host an iteration of The Mickey Mouse Club.

So what we have here is R.E.M. at just about their most underground stage playing on a kids show while some very '80s looking 12 yr olds dance about. Oh and beverages were provided … apple juice of course.
    Lenny59
    Lenny59

Memorable Tunes... Empty Kip Addotta

Post  Lenny59 Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:52 pm

Be sure to expand the lyrics and read along....Smile *thwap*

SyntheticPaper
    SyntheticPaper

Memorable Tunes... Empty Helmet

Post  SyntheticPaper Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:18 pm

I have not posted any music in a while, so let's return yet again to the glorious time known as the early '90's.

Today we have Helmet. Helmet were generally considered to be an "alternative metal" band. This meant that the band had short hair, didn't look like Guns 'n' Roses and didn't sing about either girls or satan. Interestingly enough they were also harder and heavier than most non-alternative metal at the time (short of death metal or black metal).

Lenny59
    Lenny59

Post  Lenny59 Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:27 am

Great stuff, Raven - somehow I had missed Helmet! And I really WAS there, in the 90's. LOL

Up this morning at 6am, to get Sam off to a big golf tourney up north. I stumble out and turn on the TV, and what do I find? Ted is in his 60's now, and still rockin' sober!! *clap*
    SyntheticPaper
    SyntheticPaper

Memorable Tunes... Empty TAD

Post  SyntheticPaper Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:36 pm

Memorable Tunes... GLxKN
    TAD

TAD was a bit of a weird band, weird and extremely unlucky. TAD was named after the singer and founder Tad Doyle who originally started out doing it solo, but when his first single got some attention he rounded up some band members and thus was born TAD, the band. Now, as I said TAD were kinda weird, or at least they were presented weirdly by their label, Sub Pop. Now, this was in the late '80s and VERY early, pre-grunge, '90s so you couldn't just say "hey, this band is from Seattle and plays loud guitar based rock" nope, instead the label dressed the band up as loggers and had them fim videos in the forest. This video however was promptly rejected by MTV. This was not the end of their bad luck, not by a long shot. For TAD's second album they were put in a studio with Butch Vig, yes, the guy who produced Nirvana's breakthrough album, and this was before he worked with Nirvana. So, TAD released "8-Way Santa", a really really good album that fell smack dab in the middle of the whole 'grunge' genre, but had a slightly more mainstream / melodic feel to it compared to their earlier releases, while still being heavy as all get out. There was even a video played on MTV, this time for the song "Plague Years", a really really good song. And then more bad luck struck. The label decided to use a photo of two people that was found in a photo album that was purchased at a thrift store as the album cover. They did not even think to contact these people (if they even knew how to). The people were not amused to see themselves staring back from the cover of a record. So Subpop recalled the albums and quickly rereleased it with a photo of the band on the front but that disruption was enough to throw things a bit off track. And then even MORE bad luck occurred. One of the singles from the album was titled "Jack Pepsi" and the cover of said single was based on the Pepsi logo with the word TAD in the center. Pepsi probably would have never heard about this until it was too late, except that a disgruntled ex-employee of the label contacted Pepsi and told them all about it thus causing a lawsuit to be brought about by Pepsi thus completely throwing everything off track. So this really good album that could have been "Nevermind" was not and "Plague Years" which could have been "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was not. A few months later Nirvana came along and fulfilled all the promise that TAD originally had. However, I liked TAD better, I liked them better back then and I like them better now.

This is already longer than anyone would want to read, but i will quickly sum up the rest of their bad luck. Well TAD managed to get signed to a major label during the Seattle Grunge-rush and everything seems like it might be okay after all. However their promotion company decided to make a poster featuring then president Bill Clinton holding a really big joint as the name of their current album was "Inhaler". The new major label was not amused by this and promptly dropped the band. They then signed to another major label. It will work this time, of course it will, they couldn't have THAT much bad luck … could they? They could. Right as the new album was being released the A&R person that had signed the band was fired and all of the bands he signed were dropped, most likely no one else at the label had even heard the album. Something like $650 was spent on the marketing of the album and then it fell into a black hole of nothingness.

And that, more or less, ends that. TAD could have very easily been Nirvana in the public eye, but pretty much every bad luck thing you can think of conspired against them. And so, unless you were hanging around the Pacific Northwest in the early '90s or you have a particular fascination with 'grunge' you probably have never even heard of them.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:36 am