Memorable Zaps Guild

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Memorable Zaps Guild

Memorable Zaps Guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Memorable Zaps Guild

Memorable Zaps is a guild on Neopets that is 18+, Semi-Lit, Adoption/Zapping.

3 posters

Further from post in guild

Kathleen
    Kathleen
    Admin

Further from post in guild Empty Further from post in guild

Post  Kathleen Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:10 am

Wow it's good to be able to actual be allowed to be on the computer.

So, this one day I am driving the kids after this hellish day at work and quizzing Mason on his spelling words as we drive through town. We pull up to a red light and I ask Mason to spell GARBAGE and the light turns green Now before when I first learned to drive I was what I consider a good mix of offensive and defensive driver. I was courteous but if I need to get into the other lane I did what I had to but I watched other people, now with having kids I am way more defensive. and due to that I ALWAYS hesitate on green, I've seen way to many people run red lights, and while I might sometimes think what if I hesitated a little longer? or a ton of other what ifs that little hesitation I accredit (as do my husband, my family, and the doctors) that it saved Mason life for sure and probably Marilyn's as well as she was seated behind Mason. I glanced to the left and time seemed to slow and I processed OH CRAP A CAR IS GOING TO HIT ME and I braked praying I would slow enough and he would go right in front of me but no this...teenager.. plowed right into the drivers side of our van, and the main point of impact was from the back of the drivers door till the mid of the engine compartment. If I hadn't hesitated, If had sped up, If I hadn't braked enough the impact would of went straight onto Mason and Marilyn and I am more than happy to of taken that no matter what I have gone through, no matter what is still ongoing, no matter what is ahead. The exact details of our removal from the van are a blur and all I remember is being told that I was pinned, that I was bleeding, and being told over and over my children were fine. Apparently I was refusing help till they were out of the car. Mason had to be pulled out the side window since they couldn't get the door open on the drivers side as the impact caused us to be shoved against a fence on the passenger side, same for the girls.

The girls were absolutely fine, Mason had some bruises and has a small scar but his trauma is emotional. He flat out refused cars for a time and now still closes his eyes in the car. He is seeing a child therapist.

I had a Traumatic brain injury but have thankfully recovered I'd say 90%, I don't have many memory issues (or at least not at worse than ebfore) but I am a little slower connecting things so if we are talking and I get confused give me a few minutes. My dr thinks this is most likely temporary and will go away but it isn't guaranteed. I also get headaches from it a lot. Due to the force of the impact and being stuck my left knee was really badly damaged. That poor knee.. it was hitby a car when I was 16 as I walked across the street so it has had a hard time. I had surgery done on it and had some screws and such put in. My left arm was badly fractured, wrist was sprained. I had internal bleeding, I had my spleen removed, I had a bruised lung and my heart was in distress for a time from the trauma. After the surgeries my body was severely traumatized and for time they were unsure if I would make it and I was on life support including a ventilator. The did try to wake me at one point but being on the ventilator caused me a lot of stress because of an experience with my mom being on a vent and because they feared I would pull it out or cause myself injury they kept me medicated so I could heal.

I will be home hopefully by Christmas, that is my goal, to accomplish that I need to walk 4-5 times a day and eventually go up 2 flights and back of stairs but I will happily look forward to that. Once I am home I am looking at therapy, and just still recovery.

..and because I have to say it somewhere...My mother in law in sneaking me in goodies!
    Kayse
    Kayse

Further from post in guild Empty Re: Further from post in guild

Post  Kayse Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:55 pm

God Kathy. So good to hear from you!
    Terribly sorry for what happened and i'm glad things are looking up.

I'm not sure if you were here when I came back. There was a massive apology and im so glad to be part of the family again.

Hopefully speak to you soon xxx
    orilla
    orilla
    Admin

Post  orilla Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:16 pm

Wow Kathy that sounds like a movie!! You should write a book. So glad the children were alright. When we didn't hear from you we thought surely something bad had happened to either you or the children. The last message we received from you was that you and the children had all been sick with the flu or something. You said I just got home from the hospital and once you had a free moment you would be on. Then you disappeared and Lenny and I tried so many ways to contact you. This only made us more worried! But we said we would just try and continue as best we could until your return. Strange that this past week we finally decided to redo the guild pages on our pets pages as we could not update yours. We wanted to have things done for the guild birthday. We now have a Book Club in which a dozen members participate. That has been going since September. We still do spotlight and have done similar activities for Halloween such as scavenger hunts. And every weekend we do Book Auctions. The Webbie and Portal are now contained in a HUB. Lenny and I have set up a new points system though as no one was using the old one. So new things and old things happening in the guild. Don't overwhelm yourself though. You just rest and get better and enjoy being back with us in the guild!! *Huggies*
    Kathleen
    Kathleen
    Admin

Post  Kathleen Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:21 pm

Thanks Smile
    My doctor ..well one of them at least.. has encouraged me to be reading and talking so I get to do all of that I want to help encourage the tbi to repair Razz

I haven't been able to look through all the pages but I am sure it is wonderful, it sounds like that Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:03 am